Dr. Alissa Jerud
Alissa Jerud, PhD. is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist and Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychology in the department of Psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania. Part of Alissa’s work centers around understanding the art and science of emotions. She specializes in working with evidence-based treatments to help with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), social anxiety, panic, phobias, generalized anxieties, and using Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) skills training for those who have difficulties managing their emotions.
In this episode, Shane and Alissa discuss a variety of topics relating to emotions, including what they are, their evolutionary origins and adaptive functions, how they influence our mental processes, their regulation mechanisms, and learning to ride the wave of emotional experiences. They also discuss the process of learning to accept, regulate, and tolerate emotions as a method of learning to have a healthy relationship with one’s emotions.
Check out Alissa’s podcast: The Anxiety Savvy Podcast:
Exposure and Response Prevention Therapy for OCD: A Deeper Dive with Dr. Thea Gallagher | Episode 12 – The Anxiety Savvy Podcast
- Exposure and Response Prevention Therapy for OCD: A Deeper Dive with Dr. Thea Gallagher | Episode 12
- Exposure and Response Prevention Therapy for OCD with Dr. Lily Brown | Episode 11
- Understanding Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) | Episode 10
- It's Not "Just Anxiety": Suicide Risk and Prevention in Individuals with Anxiety Disorders | Episode 9
- Goodbye Unhelpful Anxiety: Tips & Tricks for Befriending It with Dr. Terri Bacow | Episode 8