Deborah Lukovich, PhD
I hold a masters/PhD in depth psychology, which means I have an expertise in the study of the unconscious. Like my clients, maybe you are:
(1) Trapped in a situation, career, or relationship that you can’t figure out how to accept or leave; or
(2) Have you already had a crisis or an unraveling, and you need a framework for reconstructing your new self, or
(3) After ending a long-term relationship, did you jump into a new one and now see red flags you couldn’t see before, or
(4) After divorce, you did the better thing by focusing on yourself first, and now you’re feeling insecure about dating, love, your body, and sex, or
(5) You’re just obsessed with depth and curious about the deeper meaning of everything.
Deborah Lukovich holds a Ph.D. in Depth Psychology which focuses on understanding the nature of the unconscious. She is a coach, author, blogger, and podcaster who offers insights and teachings to help people explore the deeper meaning of life through stories, conversation, and education.
“I’m passionate about inspiring people to find deeper meaning in ordinary life events by learning the language of the unconscious. Science affirms that unconscious forces direct up to 95% of who we are – the decisions we make, emotional responses, personality quirks, and even to whom we’re attracted. And that’s just looking at the personal unconscious.
So, if you’re stuck, it’s not your mind that holds the solution, rather the key is decoding messages communicated through your unconscious by an inner authority, what you could call Soul, Self, God, or creative intelligence. Once the messages are decoded, the new insight, attitude, or behavior is the doorway that leads to the other side.”
– Deborah Lukovich
In this episode, Deborah and I discuss the nature of our relationship with the unconscious parts of ourselves. The relationship between the conscious and unconscious mind is constantly evolving and changing as we develop and discover/uncover different parts of our selves. The exploration of our inner world is a vital part of our evolution, both as individuals and as a species.
Our unconscious mind is always communicating with our conscious minds, but it is often through ‘indirect’ modes of communication – e.g., dreams, fantasies, interests, interpretations, desires etc. Much of who we take ourselves to be is influenced/determined by our unconscious. Using a Jungian-based framework for self-reflection, we can begin to understand ourselves and our world at a much deeper level. Learning why we think, feel, and act the way we do, healing wounds, reconnecting with spirituality and discovering our inner wisdom is all part of the journey.
“Has something in your life fallen apart? Do you crave more meaning and purpose? Maybe you’re struggling with divorce, addiction, job loss, or depression, or just curious about a recurring dream or odd coincidences that keep showing up. These are all ways your Soul reveals clues about your deepest desires.
In her book, Your Soul is Talking: Are You Listening? author and coach Deborah Lukovich, wants to get you excited about exploring the most important final frontier—your inner world. The Soul speaks through dreams, symbols, meaningful coincidences, relationships, films, and even depression and injuries. This book teaches you the language of the unconscious required to decode its messages.
Dr. Lukovich writes through the lens of her personal experience of midlife unraveling, and her willingness to share awkward experiences will empower you to explore your own. Conversational instruction is sprinkled with humor as she guides you to learn and apply practical approaches to tapping into the wisdom of your unconscious.“
Check Out Deborah’s Podcast: Dose of Depth
What If You're Not Supposed to Find the ONE? Me reading my blog post of September 2021 – Dose of Depth
- What If You're Not Supposed to Find the ONE? Me reading my blog post of September 2021
- Chapter 25 – Sustaining Your New Practice & Conclusion – from my book, Your Soul is Talking. Are You Listening?
- The Gift of Self-Doubt, Self-Consciousness & Other Forms of Self-Torture: A Conversation with Chris Lukovich Schindler, Author of Unfinished: Unlock Your Superpowers, Live with Purpose, and Discover Limitless Possibilities
- Three Ways of Why: A Conversation with Jungian Analyst Vlado Šolc about the Journey to Self
- A Depth Approach to Transitioning to the New Year – Me Reading My Blog Post of December 2022